- Q: Where at NOVA-Annandale will STEMtastics be held?
A: The opening and closing sessions, as well as the parent workshops, will be held in the Richard J. Ernst Community Cultural Center (CE on the campus map). The student workshops will be held in Classroom Building CN. Detailed maps will be provided in the program.
- Q: After registration is closed, do you keep a Wait List?
A: We do not keep a Wait List, as the number of students we accept already assumes a certain level of cancellations or “no shows.” We are limited by the size of the auditorium and the gym, where we hold our opening program with parents and students, respectively.
- Q: May my parent drop me off and then pick me up after the event is over?
A: Yes, students can be dropped off on Center Drive near the entrance to the Richard J. Ernst Community Cultural Center. The Ernst Cultural Center is marked as CE on the campus map.
- Q: Where is STEMtastics parking available at the NOVA – Annandale Campus on March 11?
A: STEMtastics participants may use any section in Parking Lot B, which is shown on the campus map as Sections B1 through B17. Parking is free on the weekends.
- Q: Is there someplace for my parents to wait for me if they are not attending the parent workshops?
A: Yes, your parents may wait in the Forum (second floor) in the Ernst Cultural Center.
- Q: May I sign up for fewer than 3 workshops?
A: All students will be scheduled for 3 workshops.
- Q: May I attend if I am in 6th Grade?
A: Although most middle schools in Fairfax County are for 7th and 8th grades, students in 6th grade are welcome to attend STEMtastics.
- Q: If there is inclement weather, how will I know if the event is cancelled?
A: If the event is cancelled due to inclement weather, a notice will be posted on the website at http://mclean-va.aauw.net/STEMtastics/.
- Q: If I have to cancel my participation, can I get a refund?
A: If you contact us by email at email@example.com to cancel PRIOR to the close of registration, we will refund your payment minus a $1.00 transaction fee. However, after registration closes, there are no refunds. The main STEMtastics 2018 page will indicate if registration has closed.
- Q: Will refreshments be served at STEMtastics?
A: A Morning Snack will be available prior to the opening session for the students. Coffee, tea, and water will be available throughout the morning for the parents.
- Q: Are the STEMtastics facilities accessible?
A: All exterior entrance doors are equipped with handicapped opening systems, and there is a ramp from the parking lot to the entrance. The building is equipped with an elevator that can access all levels (Upper Lever, Middle Level, and Lower Level). All of the restrooms are equipped with handicap stalls, and the theater has accommodations to place wheelchairs on the main and balcony levels.
- Q: Is my donation to STEMtastics tax deductible?
A: Although the branches of AAUW (American Association of University Women) are non-profit organizations, the donations are not tax deductible because we are 501(c)4 organizations, rather than 501(c)3.
- Q: Who can I contact for additional information?
A: If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to STEMtastics main page.